Monday, August 28, 2006

Idelwild

OK...so being that I really believe in this film and feel as though EVERYONE should go out and see it...I am going to dedicate this post to the movie...



The movie came in at #8 for the weekend grossing over $5.8M, and that's good to be in the top 10....BUT I just feel like it could have done so much better. The movie Invincible ranked number one and I just started to hear about it maybe last week. (This does seem like its going to be a good movie, Football + True Story = good movie...so I will check it out...)

We have known about Idlewild for months, MONTHS...and I think its a shame that we didn't get out there and see the movie...being in the Top 10 is good, but it would have been nice to be in the top 5...I know I know reaching for number 1 is a bit much but we should at least reach...

Stop buying bootleg folks and go out and support the artist...Black, White, Brown...support good artist!


PS the soundtrack is FIRE!

2 comments:

BrillD said...

Hey t.c.. One of the whitest of the
white movie critics here in Toronto
gave "Idlewild" high praise. It
freaked me out. I'll probably go
and see it sometime this week.

T.C. said...

See that's what I am talking about...Good art is good art....
I am telling you its really being slept on...the movie is really good all the way around AND it takes film to yet another level, especially "musicals" definitely check it out