Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Chronomentrophobia...REAL TALK!

I am so in love with this song! This is my favorite song right now...

Chronomentrophobia, the fear of clocks.
The fear of time.

How's the cost of living,
I take what I have been givin',
Pastor to say, beeee strooong,
hooo yeahhhhahhh,
I aint' got tiiiime,
Leave me aloone,

[Bridge]
Aint' got much time left,
I've got to funk you now

[chorus]
Chronomentrophobia [repeat 8x]

Lord, be havin' mercy on my soul,
I havin' the impression that my life goin' to be a bowl with cherries,
but it's very hard for me to cope,
dot tired of being broke,
this ATLian aint' got no time to sit and mope,
made up my mind while yall made up yo beds,
on a cold wooden floor is where I lay my head,
born in 1975,
Never thought I would make it this far, I'm still battilin' in this racial war,
tryin' to find solutions of the situation Im facin',
only thing that is free is my flow that yall be chasin',
lettin' my niggas know before I go,
I drop that knowledge like dropping books,
lets stop the crooks, from robbing you from your reigns and such,
using welfare as a cruch,
im in it for good,
you into my hood you wont be findin' much,
hope that when im gone yall remember this,
what we stood for,
fuck that fame and that glits,
it's begening to look a lot like the ending, got to be more careful,
know what corners you be benden, revalations is getting impatient,
now i'm dead,
remember what I said,
i'm gone,
bow yo heads

Written/Performed/Copyright OutKast 2006 Idlewild

6 comments:

Teej said...

I keep hearing so much about this song. From the lyrics it sounds dope. Im gonna go get the album......as soon as I get some expendable money of course ;)

Ms. Confessions said...

Nice :)
I gotta get the album...
I feel like I am being left out, LOL.

T.a.c.D said...

Yeah the album is a must have...I haven't actually been able to get through the entire thing yet though...But it normally takes me about a week or so to do that...with a long ride involved...

But this right here, track #8 is some of the doppest stuff I have heard in a minute!

jendayi said...

i've been listening to the CD for a bit now and I still can't get through the whole thing. i hear something new everytime i turn it on. i still prefer kelis' to idlewild though. =)

T.a.c.D said...

Yeah I do as well...you do hear something new every time..and that's why I can't seem to get through it, I like to take it in and really "get" what it is that they are saying you know...

EVERYONE PLEASE GO AND GET
Kelis was Here
I must have in 2006!

G. Mo said...

It took me a sec to correctly pronounce the word, but yeaaaaah the song is hot!!!! I've been bumpin' the 'Kast for a few weeks now.