Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Outages

So I live in an area that most of the time isn't really affected by the storms that come through...
But last night, the 4th of July of all nights, my power goes out!

At about 6pm or so I am assuming...I wasn't home when the power actually went out, I was on my way home when the storm actually hit...(by the way I was on the back roads in between Largo and Bowie...let's just say Flash flooding is NO joke)

So when I got in the house, the air was such that I knew that the power was out...
Well, no biggie, normally when our power goes out it comes back up in a couple of hours (this is due to the location that I live in...pretty busy area) right....WRONG...

My power didn't come fully back on until about 5:30am! I say fully because after midnight it kept coming on and off....it did this for about an hour or so, or 15 times by my dazed account...this same process took place at about 5:00am...and it finally stayed on after about 30 minutes of on and off...

So why waste my time and post space to talk about this...well because I was HEATED that my power was off for such a long time...and that I had to wake up this morning, after NOT sleeping well, hot and stinky and just UGG!

I think the thing that made it worse was the fact that, the town homes located directly behind me HAD POWER!!!!

I will say that I enjoyed my hotdog and chips from the 7-Eleven (Side note: I have started cooking more, and yesterday afternoon I cooked myself a really nice dinner and I couldn't EAT it because I HAD NOT POWER, another reason I was HEATED...back to the story) as I sat on the back of my truck to watch the Fire Works being done at Allen's Pond... since it was cooler outside than in my house ...that was pretty much the highlight of my evening

All in all an uneventful, hot, stinky, no rest really last night, type of 4th of July... but its really starting to become my LEAST favorite holiday...

No comments: