Friday, August 31, 2007

first day of school

honey made me think about my first day of school with her going with toot on Tuesday for his first day...

i remember it like yesterday...well first let me start with the fact that i when i graduated from pre-school...i had a white dress with white shoes and a little sweater (very girlie and very NOT me) and my hair was in curls all over...i remember my parents and brother being there and how i felt so special with my cap and gown on...then i remember my mommy saying i was going to the BIG kids school...

now i remember taking the tests at two schools, but me and my brother were going together me to Kindergarten and him to the 8th grade

SIDE NOTE: me and the youngest boy are 8 years apart-i kno i kno, what the HELL were they thinking...but after 8 years my father decided he finally wanted a girl, who does that...anyways, that would explain the next what 16 years of my life being totally abused by this dude...until i learned to literally fight back...hey it was either get whopped up on or fight back, and i learned to fight back...i still don't think dude likes me, but most times i don't like him either so you know hey....

ok, so anyways, it was Our Lady Queen of Peace...that's the school...in SE right off of Riggs Road, still there by the way...

My plaid uniform, white collared shirt, blue knee socks, and them shoes, you know the ones white with blue/black in the middle and then white all around, yea those and then my MY Little Pony Pink backpack....boy i was ready you here me ready...i was so ready i did "practice runs" at getting ready for the first day of school...

got there and hated it! every last bite of it....i wanted to go home...it surely wasn't pre-school, i got over it though...but man...

i guess with all the kids going back to school it made me think of it...what i wouldn't give to be 5 years old again, walking the halls in between art and religion classes...putting a ring up my nose and getting it stuck (yes i really did that!) you know just being a little kid...getting into fights with the boys and just chilling...sliding down the BIG hill on trash bags in the snow...having my Daddy pick me up from school because he worked nights and he was always late...
to have my mom fight with me over doing my hair and fussing when i came home and it NEVER looked like it did when i left, even on picture day (which by the way, why do they make the little kids what that long, you KNOW that they gonna look JACKED all up after lunch)

just no worries, no cares, just a child living life...

ehhh well....

it was nice to think back though you know...

No comments: