Thursday, March 29, 2007

I think I think I might....

go back to school...

As you all know I already have my MPA (Public Administration May 06)

BUT

I either want to get a Masters in Counseling/Psychology OR a Master in Social Work...

with all that is going on in my life that deals with Mental health...I really think I want to learn about it...further more, I just want to get another degree...

I have constantly said that I wanted a JD or a PhD...my Daddy just asked me about a month ago when I was going back to school for my JD (he's always thought that I should be a lawyer)

maybe I'll get a PhD in Psychology with a focus on the Urban Community, specifically African-American community...

(I don't know what my thesis would say but it will deal with psychological issues that face the Urban Community or the fact that mental health has such misnomers in an Urban Environment i.e., black folks don't go to therapy...when in FACT a lot of us would be better off if we did...)

I really think that by the fall I will be enrolled somewhere...I don't know where, but somewhere...

I think I think I just might...

UPDATE:

Ok so its official, I have gone on-line and found two programs that I really like, one is at Catholic University in DC and the other is at University of Maryland, Baltimore...the program at UMB is a better one for me because it focuses on Social Action and Community Development...

Which is SO right up my alley with my job, what I do with Kiamsha and just what i want to do in general in life...I want to really be able to give my professional services to kids...and I totally want to understand mental health better...

I just think that this degree really FITS, especially with my MPA...

I am totally getting excited about this...

I can go into Administration with this...so many things...you know...in the school system, non-profit, urban development...plenty of things...

So I have requested information from UMB and am looking into requesting information from Catholic

8 comments:

Ms.Honey said...

It's all about progression..you always have to be on your toes :)

You can always just take one class it wouldnt harm only help in the long run :)

layne bowden said...

well you go on then!

i'd love to be able to call you dr. ladybug one day!! i can jus see me now introducing you:

this is my sister tc... the dr! (hehehe) or

this is my sister and her husband, dr and mr so&so!! (AHAHAHA)

do your thing, sweetie. you got nothin' but support from down this way!!

peace, love and hugs!

Tasha said...

Go head girl, get that education! And if you stay in school forever, you can keep deferring those student loans ;-)

T.a.c.D said...

@honey-yea its just about steps...

@jus-Ummmm HELLO smarty pants...Imma go gessh...I am working on my plan now

@tasha-YES that is ALWAYS a motivation!

layne bowden said...

see?!!! :p

smarty pants?? who? me? and here i was thinkin' i was bein' supportive and shit! (sigh) i'm jus so misunderstood. :D

peace!

T.a.c.D said...

@jus-and you are supportive...and will be supportive...but you still are a smarty pants...

jendayi said...

might just do the same thing T. back on that b-school idea. good luck with ur decision.

Milesaheadoftime said...

@Tasha - You think like me!!!LOL

T that's a great idea. We need people in those areas that have the passion and heart. But I must tell you there isn't a lot of $ in it so you will be doing it for the love of making this world a better place for you nephew Miles. I'm very Proud of you!!