Thursday, May 31, 2007

unbeweavable

so last night i was gettin my net weave sown in (shot out to my weave/braider who can sew the fool out of a weave-got me looking all delicious and thangs today)

and so we were in the spot talking about stuff like we always do

men
shopping
purses in particular
Nordstrom sale that starts on the 6th (opening at 7am and I might go before i go to work, sad i know)
trips
traveling
shopping

all that type of stuff and as you know the conversations can get quit interesting and deep...

well her other client tells us the story of her fellow co-worker that just passed away two Sunday's ago...

she played football and she went like she normally did, played that Sunday morning, the entire game, went back to sit on the bench and just like that she was gone...in an instant she was gone...

29 years young!

yes, you read right, 29 years young!

she was extremely healthy, ate the right things, worked out EVERY DAY faithfully at 4am!
but two Sunday's ago she was gone...she was from Florida and the only person she had up here was her one cousin and her fiancee, yep she had JUST gotten engaged a couple of months ago...

by the time he reached the hospital (with her co-worker that was like family and telling us the story) she was gone, just laying there...

could you imagine? i don't even want to think about it...

So i tell the story to say this:

people life is a precious gift from Jehovah GOD...precious, appreciate it, live life to the fullest, to the best of your ability...be good to others and watch GOD be good to you...be good to yourself and watch GOD be good to you...a lot of times we don't know or don't have the answers to the things that happen, but keep the faith, and keep right on striving folks because you never know...

one of my co-workers was in a near fatal car accident last year and she asked me "what do you want your tombstone to say"

yea i know caught me off guard too...but you know what...i live my life so that whatever it is, it'll be positive...

Live, Laugh and most of all Love...

ps
today is my Friday and it starts at 1pm, (in the words of Honey Libra woooohhooooooo) and i have wedding duties to tend to (didn't think i got this weave for nothing, i am walking down the isle tomorrow night) so i'll catch ya'll on the flip side

peace, blessings and love people...

oh and check this scripture out 1 John 4:12...

7 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

i wanna see a pic of your new hair. i'm sorry to hear about your friend. you're right, life is extremely short and we all need to live right; right now.

i read the scripture and thanks for sharing the Word. enjoy your weekend and the wedding.

eclectik said...

Hey you!
I wanna see hair!

Love the blog still, talk soon


e.

eclectik-relaxation.com

The Message board (Grown folk talk)

B.m.W said...

Scripture...tight. I was just thinking about that yesterday. It makes me happy when I can see God in others kinda from the sideline you know. It's always like I'm seeing it for the first time every time.

My pseudo-cousins (super-close family friends) lost their granny, and even though she'd be turning 90 this June 10th, it was unexpected to me. They all got to say their goodbyes, but you always feel like there was more you could have done or said, which I think is a good thing. So, I totally agree with taking advantage of the time you have on this earth because we are only promised so much.

I was looking for the scripture about years promised on earth and only found Psalms 90:10, but I ended up reading 90 and 91. If I end up finding all of what I was looking for, I'll be back. Got a million things running through my head.

Ms. Confessions said...

Yes, I too wanna see the new do! Sorry to hear about your lost.

Many Blessings your way!!! :)

T.a.c.D said...

NOTE: the young woman that passed I did not know personally, the other client knew her (i thought i was clear so if i wasn't i truly apologize), but i wanted to share because being 26 going on 27, this hit home for me because its like dag she was my age...this is crazy...

ok now on to responding

@blu-its about to go up give me a minute...

@e-hey stranger! glad you still love the spot, and the pic is on its way

@bmw-you know you are like one of my fav commenters now! scripture is the foundation, understanding why things work the way they do, because that's how GOD intends them to work, gaining that understanding comes from scripture and through those he talks to you...i love it!

@awotm-here comes the pic

Ms.Honey said...

Life is extremly short...that's why I try to live and love like today is my last.

T.a.c.D said...

@honey-we all need to live like that...laugh hard, live life, and love even harder...don't let life pass you by