Monday, October 27, 2008

22 hours....6 states

that's how long i was up for straight...yep...
why? well because i love my family dearly so you know you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes...

Friday night was the Kiamsha girls sleepover...as usual we had fun...they think that we (the mentors) are crazy and we just sat around and laughed joked and had some REAL conversations...its times like that when they get to see that we are indeed REAL people who have dealt with REAL issues...

of course i got absolutely NO sleep at all...ONE because i can never sleep away from home to tough and TWO i don't sleep to tough when young people are around, mainly because i don't want anything to happen so i am always half up...so being that we didn't even turn the lights OFF until like 4am, and i HAD to be up at 6am so that i could get to the airport...let's just say i got NO sleep...

so i get up, go to my parents house, get dressed and off to BWI so that i could fly down to meet my parents in Birmingham and help them drive back up to MD...

it was cool my flight landed 30minutes late, we got some food and finally got on the road about 1pm ET....at this point i am wide awake and my mom is driving...we are just laughing and joking and talking...good times...about 6pm its my turn...

here is the kicker though i was up and fine until about 4:30ish my eyes started to get heavy...but i knew that my mom was tired and i flew down to help her drive back up (my dad can't drive like he used to, and his reaction time is OFF so its best he doesn't do any driving)...so i chalked it up...

Now the first two hours were HARD...i was tired and i don't drive my mother's car AT ALL so i had to get used to sitting all low in this Cadillac and driving a 8-cylinder car too...i stopped at the rest stop, got out, went in splashed some water on my face, said a prayer and was like "LORD please let's just get HOME"

after that it was ON...i got my peep in my step back and we were off and rollin again...

now i am not going to front, i-81 and route 66 ain't NO joke, its in the mountains and hills of VA no lights and two lanes...up and down, around and around...nerve racking to say the least...but we made I drove 7 hours straight and we made it..

once we got on 66 i said to my Dad, "you didn't think i could do it did you?" his reply "i knew you could do i was a little worried because i knew you were tired, but you are driven, you got that C blood in you"

that meant a lot coming from him...my dad doesn't offer compliments AT ALL...so it was special...the whole day was special we all just talked and laughed and joked the entire time...it was a good time for me because they will be moving in the spring so you know having them all to myself and being able to enjoy their company meant a lot...

being that i fell completely OFF my healthy eating plan friday night (let's just say i consumed over 600 calories from chips) i was more than determined to get BACK on it right away this weekend and I did...no snacks, only egg whites, no starches, salads and greens and mainly water...even making a HUGE pot of homemade veggie soup last night for dinner...just like my momma...LOL

so its Monday morning, i am feeling pretty good...i slept 9 1/2 hours once i finally got home, still got up and did what i needed to do around they house and even did a little bargain shopping at my FAV store in the world TARGET!

so i am happy got some energy and ready to GET GET GET IT this week...

happy Monday folks!

7 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

woman dont sleep on sleeep does a body gr8

jendayi said...

aww. cute T! happy monday to you as well!

Tasha said...

That's some serious driving and lack of sleep right there. Glad you made it back in one piece.

GemisMyName said...

Glad you made it safe. Girl something told me not to even bother you yesterday. Now I see why, you needed some rest. Happy Monday to you too...

T.a.c.D said...

@all-mi-t: you KNOW i gets my rest...this was just one of those weekends where it didn't fit into the schedule until Sunday..LOL

@jac-yea it was a really cute time...i love my parents to pieces...they are TOO FUNNY!!!

@tasha-nothing but GOD's grace got me home

@p: i was wondering why you didn't call me...i would have still made my way for you

Ms.Honey said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound...you are trooper homie...sometimes all I need is some loud music and I will be fine for a long drive

I LOVE Tar'get :)

Trapped-n-my-Thoughts said...

Hey Tiff. Sounds like things ar egoing well...keep upp the good work. Sorry I wasn't able to get back with u last week...read my blog & you will know why. Luv ya