Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the children...

for the most part i have been not avoiding writing on this topic but i figured most people who blog or read blogs are conscious enough to donate and give back when there is a need...

but something this morning struck a cord with me unlike anything else...

now i have made my monetary donations and i plan that when its time to send clothing, shoes, and those items most needed...

but when i saw the faces of those children this morning on the train while reading the paper...my heart sank and my eyes filled up...

so many children will now be orphans and that hit me

not that everything else didn't hit me because it did, the fact that the island was hit yet again this morning with a 6.1 "after shock" hits me, how much more can these people take...

the spoke of a man who was waiting for his wife to be uncovered "dead or alive" he said he wasn't leaving the location of her job, which was a local bank, until they found her...

that just goes to show how strong and loving the Haitian people are, but isn't that the culture of the Caribbean...

it burns me up that they keep stating that they are looters...they are looking for basic things to survive, what would YOU do in that situation??? right you don't know because you haven't had to deal with it...

if you aren't helping the situation i say leave it alone and keep your mouth shut...

back to my original thought, these children some of them will come to the US for treatment and will be placed with family members some group homes, some will become wards of the state...hopefully some will be adopted...

i have always thought about adopting a child, but its always been hard enough to just take care of me, but i am pretty settled now, why not why not help a child in need...

i can't get those big bright eyes out of my head...or that smile from the little boy, despite it all he was smiling...his cheeks so big, and i can imagine his heart is as big as his smile...

in all of this let's remember the children

No comments: