Monday, August 25, 2008

family first


point of order: CLEARLY you all do not like it when i am negative, hence the only two responses to the message below...however...this is my house and its how i was feeling, albeit that it wasn't very nice or positive it is how i was feeling at the time, i would like you all to know that i am now back to loving people again...minor glitch..
so my family came into town for my mom's retirement party/luncheon that was Thursday...

side note: my mom is the most awesome person i have EVER known...period, hands down, end of story! you know how you feel that your mom is like an AWESOME mom right, she is always there, always got your back, and so you know your mom is a good mom, but when i heard how my mom gave so much of herself to others, like making sure my Aunt, who was raising my cousin as a single parent never had to worry about child care, or if her child had a hot meal, or if she had a hot meal because my mom took care of it...like i knew my cousin was always around but i never knew that my mom did all that she did OUTSIDE of us, her family, but for people...like i had to call her up and say, MOM YOU ARE AN AWESOME PERSON...she is totally amazing to me and if i turn out to be half the woman she is than i'll STILL be ahead of the game...

anyways...so we are all in town, we were supposed to wear burgundy and pink, but general pastels were cool...so my brother, who by the was is like 6'2" decides that its cool for him to wear a canary yellow shirt...oh boy oh boy why did he do that...the jonin began, of course i was leading it up because that's how we do...we just laughed joked, cried a little all for my mom...it was awesome...i had to go back to work because my EDs "goodbye" event was the same day, so i missed her opening up her gifts and all the family just being around her when they got back to the house, i kept calling, and she told me what i knew she would when i told her i was sad that i had to go back, "you need to keep your job...no worries" she is always supportive like that...needless to say i ate good all day on Thursday due to the luncheon/reception/dinner...

Friday we decided to take all the kids sightseeing downtown...it was really sparked by my 11 year old, 5th grader nephew...he LOVES history and new places so we wanted to take them all and since I LOVE history (and not the average history, stuff you don't read about) we decided to take them...man oh man...at the urging of my Aunt we got off the metro at 23rd Street NW (Foggy Bottom/GWU) so that we could walk down to the Lincoln Memorial and then walk the mall...i must say it was amazing standing on those steps and getting the nieces and nephews (4-15) to understand that this is where Dr. Kind did his famous "I have a Dream" speech...we then walked the entire mall, all the way down, to the WWII memorial, the monument, the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, and the National Museum of the American Indian (their title not mines)...so long story short we get BACK on the train at Federal Center SW, 3rd Street, SW...yea its a LONG as you think it is...so i was beat, all of us were...

we went home and chilled for a little bit and then back over the parents house to eat, laugh and joke some more...

Saturday the niece went back to NC and the boys went to the Harley Davidson shop, so me and my sister-in-law chilled and watched Transformers (okay i am totally late as all get out, but that movie ROCKED! So i WILL be seeing it in the theater when it comes out)

Saturday night my cousin had a fundraiser event where she and her band performed, so i was a hostess for that...now mind i am still tired as all get out from Friday, and my feet hurt, BUT its for my boo so i gotta get it popping...i would just like to say older people really kill me because they will look at you as if you have $hyt on your face all day long when you tell them they gotta pay their money for a charity event...you KNEW that before you came it was ON THE FLYER so what's the issue home slice...but you know i did my job and rolled out about midnight, got home and chilled but still didn't get in the bed until about 2AM...yea totally past my bedtime

so Sunday i did NOTHING (until my music&morals meeting) i didn't even make it to church but that's okay (not really) GOD knows my heart i was just dead tired, body hurting legs hurting, back hurting the whole nine...just tired...

this morning, first day of school...so i had to go with the god-son's to drop them off...i just had to...man were they adorable and they didn't even do bad at all...they separated them (since they are twins, 1 is advanced and 1 is on level) and i think its a good idea so that they can become their own individual little person!

man family, they keep you going seriously but i wouldn't change it for nothing, they keep me full of life and energy, laughter and love...and that's what life is really all about!

3 comments:

Monique said...

Don't you just love family?

Blu Jewel said...

enjoy the moments with them good and bad.

Love!

Ms.Honey said...

Ummm didn't transformers already come to the theaters LOL it's on DVD now :) or did i read that wrong