Monday, March 24, 2008

Small opportunities

Big opportunities come to those who make the most of the small opportunities. Small opportunities are present in each moment and in every situation.
Today is filled with small opportunities. In little bits of time that might otherwise be wasted, there is treasure waiting to be created.
Having a clear sense of purpose brings those small opportunities to light. Living with a strong commitment to move forward compels you to seize those opportunities and make the most of them.
Small steps, taken consistently, put you in position to take big steps. Save a few dollars a day, day after day, for example, and soon you have hundreds or thousands of dollars available to invest.
Honing your skills on the small things, by learning what works and what doesn't, will prepare you to successfully handle the big challenges and opportunities. Time is your friend when you make continuous use of it to grow stronger and more capable.
Everywhere you look, there are small ways for you to make a positive difference. String enough of them together, and absolutely anything is within your reach.
-- Ralph Marston


just wanted to start the week off with something positive...so many things can bring you to your knees...trust me i know...watching a parent just deteriorate in front of your eyes isn't the easy thing to do...but then again, you watch another parent spread their wings and enjoy life...life is funny that way i guess...you really don't see that until you are in it...but there is always a small opportunity in EVERYTHING we do to grow, to be stronger, to be better, to be full...full of life, full of the day, full or the spirit!

hold you head up high....positive thinking bring about positive changes...is what i will practice daily...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to start checking my boy Ralph again....It really does help your perspective after reading him!

Anonymous said...

Joel Osteen's message was good today! We have to live with expectations from God and remain focused on his word. That he will provide all that you need and give you no more than you can handle. I'm seeing the same things with my parents. I'm seeing my mom become more and more like my grandmother and I'm finding my dad is just a big baby as I am. The roles are reversing, they are getting older and we are finding ourselves having to take care of them.

I know it's hard, but don't let it get the best of you. Keep praying for him and I will too!

Chari said...

I love that!! I may have to steal it, lol!!


Hope everything is ok with you. Keep your head up.