Thursday, March 20, 2008

i only have a minute


i know i have been more M.I.A that usual but that's because i have been on travel with my job since sunday...i just touched down last night back in DC...

Friday was all about the youth...Kiamsha Kiamsha Kiamsha....man being around young people really just really energizes me...it really makes me understand why i keep doing what i do...like my mentor said "you are those kids, you get those kids, you can get in there with those kids unlike a lot of others, that's what you are tc, that's what you are supposed to do..."

and she is RIGHT! no other way to say it...when you see young people get it, when you see that what you say and do DOES matter to them, when you see that you ARE making a difference it makes it worth it...at least for me...it makes it all worth it...

Since Sunday i have gone from DC to Austin, TX to Albuquerque, NM back to DC...only to be brought into a MAJOR meeting today that i wasn't particularly planning on being in, especially after having limited sleep for the past several days and traveling all over (which by the way being on a plan for more than 3 hours at a time just isn't right ESPECIALLY when you have a little restless boy sitting behind you...)

anywho for some reason i am feeling more energized about my life!

good news huh! yea it is...

certain things have become extremely clear that they are life lessons being learned but what is most important is that i am learning that when i step up and give my all things will fall into place...it always falls into place, even when you can't fully see it, it will fall into place...and that is what i am learning...i was in this place or have been in the faithful place for so long that when doubt and worry crept in i can honestly say that i didn't know how to handle it...that worry took me to a dark place that i was not used to anymore and it was scary...

that's not to say that the worry has fully gone away, but what has happened over the past week or so, even when bad things and thoughts were coming my way was let me know that i am living for the people for a greater cause for something and someone other than myself...and that in the greater scheme of things, i can't do it by myself and that if i just believe in my higher being in my GOD and in myself and gather that strength to just keep pushing forward things WILL come full circle...

okay so that be all for now...peace

No comments: