Tuesday, January 22, 2008

i have a lot to say but not really

so i really have a lot to say but i have either been really busy or when i am not i just want to be
otherwise I just have not been inspired to blog or had the time to really put my thoughts out there...because i am to tired from that thing called LIFE that i just want to chill

or i have just been working on some personal relationship stuff with me, my GOD, my family, my gurls, or me love....

yesterday was a day to just "be" and reflect on life, my legacy and what i want it to be, and the scarifcies that have been made by my people specifically and the human race as a whole...how 40 years later after the death of Dr. Martin Luther King we have come so far but we still have so very far to go...stories of the struggles that my grandparents and even parents had to endure all so that i could have an education just amazes me...i have a BA, a MPA, and eventually i WILL have a PhD...all because of the blood sweat and tears that my family and others have made for me

furthermore the truth is that we are in fact IN a recession right now, but i have a job, i struggle, but i have money in my account and food to eat and a warm bed to lay down in at night...we have a Black man and a Woman running for president (i'll keep my personal pick to myself) but that's just a sign that change is coming, but the "cheap shots" being taken by all parties still shows that a change still needs to come...

more to say about politics but the main point is that we need to forever remain greatful for where we are and where we CAN go...if we chose to...

peace

1 comment:

Blu Jewel said...

You're going to have a great life wanna know why? Because you're willing and able to do what it takes to make it happen.

Love!