Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Random thoughts

day by day things get better...

i am cool

still tired though i don't know why i don't have any energy but i don't and i am tired i think i have a sinus infection but i'll be alright...

you know what shows i am loving right now, "say yes to the dress" "the cake boss" "amazing wedding cakes" and this other show where the guy takes the wedding and changes it all around in like 3 weeks but i can't think of the name...TLC rocks!

when i was sick with the flu i stayed at home and watched nothing but TLC and WEtv for the Golden Girls...i don't care what anyone says the golden girls are CLASSIC!

I finally went back to Kiamsha on Monday there are like at least HALF of the group new students and i love it, new young people to get to know new challenges new chances to help a young person make a change for the better in there life...

yes, slowly i am getting my mojo back...

i had a random conversation with a guy in Target this past weekend...i was looking for a CD and he helped me find it, he introduced himself and even told me I "look cute today"...he was nice, handsome, tall, the whole nine...NOTHING came of it and nothing needed to other than me being reassured that there are some nice gentlemen out here...and that in and of itself made me smile

i am not ready to date, talk to anyone, none of that kind of thing...i am just going to keep concentrating on me and getting my life right

i am going to spend the holiday with one of my closets friends/lil big sis who is coming up from Houston and then i am going to spend the day itself with my brothers and my sister-in-law and her sisters and my nephews that will be nice...i really enjoy them but haven't gone to see them in a minute (well the one brother lives with me) so we'll be loud and funny and get into it and then be loud and funny again...it will be a good holiday

thanksgiving was rough, first holiday without the parental units and i missed them some kind of aweful so getting away will be good! i'll still miss them though

whoever said adulthood was the bomb LIED it sucks and it can kick rocks! it has its moments but the real world can kick your butt at times, and its like you can't have it ALL at once...either you have the career but no life, money but your are paranoid, love jacked up job...like why can't we just have it all? am i wrong because i want it all? because i feel like i deserve it all?

ah yes patience...lessons learned...growing up....growing as a person...LIFE

so can 2009 by the way...although i have progressed tremendously over the past year in terms of my professional life/career and financially, personally a lot of my relationships have either suffered or ended or simply folks moved away or moved on...and that sucks majorly...

but like the TD Jakes message stated "if people want to walk out of your life let them walk"
TRUE statement i mean how real can you get that's as real as you can get because why pray or beg or plead for someone to stay around in your life if that's not what they want to do...

i think the following quote sums it all up best and its what i am feeling like these days...i am not perfect but i know that and i am willing to look in the mirror face my flaws and keep moving forward and try my best to be my best in all aspects...and the person for me will be for me...

"Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with." ~Juno

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The name of the show is called My Fair Wedding with David Tutera...Great show!

T.a.c.D said...

Thanks the title was slipping my mind and yes its an AWESOME show!

blkbutterfly said...

Oh, I love Cake Boss and I'm coming to like Say Yes to the Dress!

Yeah, being an adult does suck sometimes. my 10 yr high school reunion is in 2010, and i find myself wondering where the time went.

This past Thanksgiving was my first not being home and i hope not to repeat it again. so, i can completely relate to your pain.