Sunday, February 08, 2009

stepping stone

many things have occurred in my life lately but the one thing that has really stood out is that i will NEVER be a stepping stone...

so here is the deal i don't do fake people, not any aspect of my life...i used to have a real problem with being honest to a fault and now i am learning to keep certain things to myself...if i am asked i will say what i feel but other than that...i pretty much keep it moving...

but for the most part i do my work (professionally, personally, whatever) and try to mind my business but when i see that you are trying to step on my toes, for no reason at all, especially when there is enough room for us all to do what we came here to do, that's when i have to say my piece...

so right now i am focused...i mean really focused on making 2009 one of the BEST years of my life...i am making the moves and changes that i need to make for myself, i am in staying my stride if you can't get with me then leave me the hell alone is pretty much my attitude right now...

i think that there is enough out here for everyone to have a good time and enjoy themselves and make a good life...life is too short to back bite and try to pull others down...

so many relationships in my life are shifting and i am just fine with it...because you won't pull me down just so you can shine, i don't operate that way so i won't stand for others doing it...

nor will i stand for folks saying they are "there for me when you need me" and when i do let my Independence slide you basically are no where to be found...for like the umpteenth time...naw you straight and so am i...

so let's get it...time to make my life the best for me...period

3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

When I read the title of your post, I immediately thought of the song and when I heard it, I was floored.

I heart you so much for the post and for being so proactive in your life. All too often, we bend and yeild when we shouldn't and end up hurting ourselves when we don't need to.

I'm so happy that you're weeding out to seed for a better tomorrow. I pray your blessings and success manifest themselves in abundance.

Love to live; live to love!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i dont get down like that either folk

Deja~I~Am said...

I really like this post. I can't stand fake people either. Like really, it makes me disgusted.

Good luck on your 2009 journey. You seem to be in such a good place right now.