Tuesday, June 27, 2006

BET Awards 2006

So I am currently baby sitting (my little mini me...she is pretty good)and watching the BET Awards...There was some awesome fashion and some not so awesome looks
I thought that I would write what I have seen thus far...

FIRST OFF, BE came out and represented with her man off the break...wasn't feeling the outfit, BUT she was getting it...good way to start the show

Damon Waynes..."hated it" I do NOT like him as the host

TI was good (even though it seems to be some technical issues)

WHAT...the cast of Good Times...even little Janet came out...she looks good...man what is her diet secret???
Kanye introduced Jamie Foxx who brought out my girl Fantasia...aw man what a KISS!

LeBron James won the athlete of the year award...you GOT to love that...

So far it ain't all that (I liked the Smiths show and Monique a whole LOT better)
Ok that little boy Chris Brown just came out...I don't really like him but OK...oh, here comes Mr. Young Carter....so I am actually loving the performance...

Ok here is my Monique...Love it...

& here comes me baby PRINCE...he just won best male artist...I am SOOOOO IN LOVE WITH THIS MAN!!!!

9:01pm
The Queen herself has just graced the stage...Ms. Mary J! looking FAB U LOUS o k honey! (everyone can NOT wear a jump suit...and she is rocking it, from the front at least, NS says the zipper makes it look cheap)
Sounding GREAT...hit a couple notes a little off...but she recovered it...and YES she its the rap...Brooke represented...and went right back to Mary J....
LOVED it over all!

Larenz looking good...
TI just won best male hip hop artist...I can give him that this year...he came with it...(but you all know I am in love with KanyeZ)

9:13pm
K. Cole looks and sounds good...Love isn't the easiest song to sing...she started to mess up a little, but she recovered...I am impressed...GET it Ms. Cole!

Here comes Diddy....not impressed at all...o k maybe a little...I liked the spot light thing...he let us know that TI had some tech difficulties...after he had his own...(Kil I sware you remind me of Diddy...LOL) Young Joc...this is my jam...what in de hell is up with the cuff though Joc...I can barely him rap...not loving it...not hating it, but I can hear the track more than him...makes you wonder if he knows his lyrics or not...not the hottest performance at all

OK Mary just won BEST Female artist...got to LOVE that!!!! She truly deserves it...you can really see how far she has come...

Alright here comes Busa Bus...I love my chick...ok will.i.am and Mrs. Jones...loving it...OH HELL NAW...the Touch Remix... Brooke (Mary J.), Rah Digga, Missy, Banks...man the ONLY person that isn't on the stage is DMX...man this is by far the craziest performance...Bus came out SICK!!!! BEST performance so far!!!Oh man its not over...aw hell naw EM just came out...CRAZY

Ok I am really NOT feeling Damon Waynes...

OK my baby (Kanye) and Jamie just won best duet...I really liked their speech...

Ok I am really debating if I am going to keep gong the whole show...

Oh wait a minute...is this that HOT MESS Vivica Fox... YES it is...WAIT a minute, for once she looks half way decent, besides the hair...and she sounds a HOT GHETTO MESS...she needs to get it together...learn how to turn it on and off sweets...David Banner got to love him, especially for all of his work in the South

Mary Mary look good as usual...Love the gowns...My mother loves this song YESTERDAY...They are taking us to church ya'll...

Jagged Edge needed to sing...they can look better than that...

Kick Franklin won for best Gospel Album...I can agree with that! Album was HOT! He looks good...crisp..."I want to Thank you Jesus, not with what I say, but how I live" you gotta love that...that is really what and how we are all supposed to live

I am loving Remy Ma's hair cut...its totally adorable...it really looks good on her...ok my hair is that length...I WILL be rocking that!

Steve Harvey...is a fool, a pure d fool! Love it, love it, love it....

Chaka Khan...won the Life Time Achievement Award!!! She truly deserved it!!!!! Through the Fire....
OK Busta...move over...Prince, Stevie and Chaka...I am in total awe...Sing the song Yolanda...(who is that bama chessing in the audience...man if I was there I would be too...I am losing it in my living room...) See that is why you gotta love PRINCE he is so awesome...and then here comes India...she done cut all her hair off again...but I am loving it...and she is showing her legs...she has a hittin shape...her outfit is hittin as wellsing with her PRINCE...Tell Me Something Good...sing Mr. Wonder...and here she comes...Chaka can still hit it...the music in this is just wonderful...Ya'll see her with her that outfit...GET IT!!!!! I feel for you...YES I am EVERY Woman

OK I am done! I can't top this...if they top this then...man I can't write anymore..its just too much its too much...

OK I am back...I couldn't stay away so much going on...so much to say...

Harry Belafonte truly has done a lot for not only our people, but all people...he deserved his award!

Ne-yo's performance was aiight...I expected more...

Here comes the two biggest corn balls on BET (the new hosts of 106 & Park)...the winner of the biggest fan award...he was tight...the young man brought up CHRIST and asked folks to accept him if they hadn't already...even quoted Romans...YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT...

Chris Brown won the Viewers Choice Award for Excuse Me Miss...and he brought Ne-yo, wrote the song...of course Chris didn't say that, on stage with him

I Love OUTKAST and that's all I am going to say about that...
Best Video...Its a TIE!!! WHAT!!! Oh wait...
Up first Mary J...she is the BOMB!!! Total classic!!!!
Here we go...KanyeZ!!!! and yes HYPE is the BOMB!!!! (and YES Kanye can wear Uggs you haters...Ma Jackie)
Jamie...Black, Black, n the black....

Now BET KNOW I got to bed at 11pm EST...and they leave my love, my favorite artist for LAST they are so wrong!!!

Its 10:56pm bump these commercials, BRING ON PRINCE NOW!!!

OK OK OK PRINCE IS ON...I have to give him my total undivided attention...oh my goodness you all see his dancers??? Prince keep them tight sisters, fo real...3121...I know that's right...play that guitar PRINCE...Oh my goodness...(its 11:02pm...now you know this love)
Is that it though? I wanted more...ok maybe there is more...ok will.i.am...with PRINCE on the guitar...I have seen PRINCE live so I know how he goes...

Overall the performances made the awards this year...BE, Busa, Chaka dedication, Mary J, K. Cole, and PRINCE top it off for me...TI (I think it could have been better if he didn't have tech problems), Jamie Foxx, Chris Brown, Diddy & Young Joc, & Ne-yo were OK (caps OK)
but my favorite moment comes from the Busa performance and the Chaka dedication....

HAM of the BET AWARDS...
COME BACK AWARD goes to EM! He has been through it these last couple of months and he came back with Bus and ended that whole sick performance....

BET is getting better with time, but the I will have to say that Damon Waynes did not do a good job hosting...

Well guys I am waiting on your comments...let me have it...agree-disagree its all love...I must say that I truly had a wonderful time commentating tonight...its now 11:13pm...Good night!

3 comments:

jendayi said...

I agree that Bus' performance was sick! It was by FAR the best performance for me that night. I didn't see B though so I may have to retract it after I see at home. (My dad TIVO-ed it for me.)

I have to take a minute and plug Bus' CD THE BIG BANG right now seeing as how I loved him last night and am now listening to it right now at work. If you don't have this CD, please support. It's off the chain. The girl from Floetry, Rick James, and even Stevie Wonder is on it! This thang is crucial!! I promise you'll love it. He's definitely getting sexy on us with his big, fine, masculine, chocolate... umm. yeah... Just go get it. Lol.

T.a.c.D said...

YES...even though Chaka's dedication was one for the memory books...Busa Bus came with it....Be, Mary, Jamie, and K.Cole, all did their thang...but BuS took it...I will be grabbing that CD good look

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff. Girl, I totally agree with everything you said. Busa Bus SHUT IT DOWN...bottom line. Em coming out with that surprise, sick verse was the icing on the cake. It was a GREAT ending. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED that WHOLE performance. My second best performance was Chaka & nem. Yolanda, India.Arie, & Chaka along with my men Prince & Stevie was the SH!T to me. I LOVED IT!!!!