Friday, November 02, 2007

cali's for visiting, east coast for living...

at least that's how i feel at the present time...
but let's talk about the trip.... it was GREAT

So Saturday morning i get up and friggin 5AM so that i can get to the airport...
no problems there, but i was raining like cats and dogs...i mean a total mess outside
so needless to say i was totally happy to get on the plane to leave that mess to hit up the sunshine and low 80s weather...
then to top it off the Harry Potter movie that I didn't get to see this summer was the in flight show, so again I was hyped...

I land, jac and jenn pick me up, and its off the races...
first we hit up Kendo a female tennis shoe spot that has stuff you can't find anywhere...one of my goals for the trip was to definitely buy a pair of kicks from this spot...and indeed i did...a pair of etnies, i got 1 out of the 177 pairs that were made...and they are HOT...
see below

I think those are HOT and Imma rock um....
from there we walked up Melrose Ave to window shop and hit up Aldo Liquidation...so i got a purse and some gray booties, and two pairs of earrings for all of $70...YES!

then we hit up Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles...HELLO! and at this time i find out that jenn don't play when it comes to food, my kind of girl because anyone that knows me knows i will send something back QUICK...

we leave there and hit the downtown fashion/garmet district...not the safest area, but the bags and clothes totally worth it...i got two more bags that are FAB U LOUS!

we hit the Beverly center and then we head to baby boi's to hang out...the original plan was to go out, but i totally didn't want to party at all, so we didn't...

Sunday
jac gets up and burns in the kitchen, i am talking about eggs, waffles, turkey bacon & susage...WHAT...you know if you keep me feed, you keep me happy!

we go to service which was GREAT and right on time talking about love and mercy...
then we head downtown Long Beach for a festival that happens to only be a block, but it was beautiful and sunny and we sat outside and ate a late lunch it was great...

also its on this day that i have a relationship revelation, but that's for another post...

we go home and try to take a nap but not really, and get up and get ready for the Teedra Moses concert...we never make it because traffic was a HOT mess...and some lady even bumps jenn's car, not once but TWICE...i jumped out the back about to rip into the lady...it was a mess...BUT you know what, i still had a ball...
i must say that hanging out with these ladies was just what i needed...it was great to hang out with wonderfully, educated, lovable happy professional women


Monday & Tuesday

monday am the car service picks me up and i am off to a full day conference, meetings, and dinner with colleagues...so it was totally all about work...it was very rewarded and i think helped me network and continue gathering the confidence that i can grow professionally...

never say never, since i have never lived there...but LA is a place I would LOVE to go and visit on a regular basis but i don't know if i would want to live there...there are no seasons, no trees turning to fall colors, no snow (well not in LA at least), there are fires and earthquakes...
there are a whole lot of freeways and expressways, that i TOTALLY didn't understand the 101, the 110, the 91 and the 405...several people tried to explain it to me, but i didn't get it...
and the TRAFFIC aw man aw man the TRAFFIC...we didn't even get to see the concert ALL because traffic...but i did totally like the diversity...being from the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area, i forget that majority of the world is NOT Black because that's all i see...so it was good to see the world with those chocolate colored glasses off...

all in all TC had a GREAT time thanks to the hosting of the lovely jac & jenn...so i shall be back!

9 comments:

Ms. Confessions said...

Glad you had a great time in my hometown. Yes, I love to visit L.A. (even regularly) but I can’t live there at this point in my life.

I had to hit up Roscoe’s myself when I was there in September, the waffles are unlike any other (seriously). I do enjoy having seasons, not so much winters. Traffic in Dallas is trying to give L.A. a run for its money, lol.

Glad you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Cali, but my friends say that if I visist they will never get me back...LOL! I think they're right!

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself lady :-)

jendayi said...

glad you had such a good time. Cali is definitely for visiting. ha!

Blu Jewel said...

I'm with the concensus of visiting and not living there. like you TC, i like seasonal changes even though I do complain about it from time to time.

sounds like you had a blast. I'm off to ATL on Wed and am gonna hit up Gladys and Ron's chicken and waffles which is da troof! *lol* I'm gonna party and chill. Can't wait.

Glad your back and I'll be looking out for that relationship revelation post. Maybe you can comment on my situation.

Anonymous said...

hmmm cali huh?

dc_speaks said...

im glad you had a great time.

have a fantastic week!

T.a.c.D said...

@ms. confessions-i thought DC traffic was bad, but LA got us beat

@b-more bap-now the shopping is AWESOME, and if I could afford the Hollywood hills, i'd possibly have a house there...but i am not about living there at all

@jac-ha!

@blu-gotta love the option of wearing different things, not to say folks in cali don't they have NO fashion rules

@yazmar-yea cali

@dc-im glad to be back, you have a good week too

Jenn Will said...

That's funny because I feel precisely the same way about the east. Wonderful to visit, not remotely livable. All that being cold for months at a time...no thanks, I'll just wear my flip-flops in December and keep it moving. :) But you'll never know what you prefer unless you spend some time there, so at least your curiosty about Cali is now satisfied.
Glad you enjoyed your time here...feel free to visit often even if JAC does relocate!

Ananda said...

tc, glad you had a great time in cali. fun place. peace, ananda