Friday, April 30, 2010

window seat....

...i just want a chance to fly, a chance to cry...

i definitely love that song...sad thing is for the second time in a row i'll miss ms. badu...last summer it was because i went to see my folks and this time it'll be because i am going to the town that likes things slow, screwed and chopped...houston, tx...

i can't WAIT!

i am going to be on that plane like dude can i get a window seat...i am so ready to get away from DC...

ironically though as much as i need a break i am finding myself falling in love with the city..

i have been doing a lot of walking around the city in the mornings, after work, during the day when i have to go somewhere i find myself walking miles at a time instead of jumping on the train...

so despite my up and down of moods here lately i have found that little things really make me smile, here are a few:

walking downtown with a clear blue sky above me and crisp morning air listening to "chilln" by wale

the pureness of a babies smile and laughter...

a friendly nod or smile from a random stranger

a man giving up his seat on the train for a young mother and her children

a loving couple holding hands just taking there time and enjoying life...love makes me smile

seeing my brother feel good about himself

a young son and his father...little boys adore their daddies...

seeing a young family, the kids, the parents, loving each other and just doing well...

having a co-worker about to ratify a contract on a condo for her and her husband the last day of the tax credit

thinking about the massage i will be getting tomorrow and just CHILLIN after a VERY long week

the thought of getting my eyebrows done

a hot cup of tea

seeing my nephew get baptized and the things he says like for example, "you don't want to go to hell the devil lives there" and him saying this to KIDS in his class at school and when they tell him that hell is a bad word his response is, "NO, hell is a bad place and you don't want to go there!" biblical doctrine aside of it being right or wrong, the fact that he is so convicted at a young age to do the right thing makes my heart full with joy!

hearing my mother laugh and picturing the smile on her face

the fact that my mother and my nephews pictures hang in my cubical at work and i look at those faces daily to keep me motivated...my mother's picture is important because the two that hang are from her retiring from the same organization that i now work...

the fact that i have some really GREAT girlfriend/sistahs in my life that really love me...

having two young women wanting me to be apart of their special days this year...seeing them have the love that they deserve makes me smile

i am sure that i could keep going on but sometimes you got to take time and just smile at the little things...

No comments: